- Personal Data – any information relating to an identifiable natural person
- Processing – any operation performed on Personal Data
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed
- We/us – The Coastal Forces Heritage Trust
2. Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent
- Processing is limited to the purpose
- Processing is carried out with minimal data
- Processing is limited with a time period
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data, and the integrity and confidentiality of data
3. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the data collected. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of any Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
4. Data We Gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address or any details that you provide during contact with us. Your information may be saved in order to contact you regarding your enquiry.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information such as your IP address that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools to improve your customer experience. When you look at the contents of our website, your activities (but not your personal data) may be logged.
Publicly available information
We do not display any information about you that is publicly available aside from information that you have provided to us for the specific use on our website.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- For any purposes we have asked your consent for
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers or third parties.
We will only disclose your Personal Data to public officials when we are legally obliged to do so.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. Our website uses HTTPS protocols for communication and transferring data and is hosted on a secure server. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer which stores information that is used to help make websites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in forms so that you don’t have to re-enter this information next time.
- Google Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services but do not personal information
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
Supervisory Authority – ICO
Last updated: 03.01.22